Friday, January 13, 2012

January 13, 2012 - My First Love

As I begin to recall my first love, I am hearing in my head Endless Love by Lionel Richie & Diana Ross with a flashback of Blue Lagooon. If this post you have not figured out the old lady I am, this is a giver.

My first love I met at church, as all good Catholic girls should I guess. When I first saw him was at the 12:45 Sunday mass when I was in 8th grade. The bad girl I am always made sure I was at that mass sitting behind him so when we shook hands for the peace, I was behind him. He always brought his little sister and there were times he was with his mom and a girl I believe he was dating. I did this without realizing I would actually meet and date though for a few months. 

His name was Mark with big brown hair and shaggy brown hair. He had this beach boy quality about him with a sweet smile.  He was three years older than me and lived by Adams High School and I met him by our local pizzeria. He saw me and recognized me from church and talked for hours.

The way I was brought up, I was not allowed to date boys so I snuck around for a few months until my dad caught us and I got punished.  That was the reason we broke up, and though it hurt it didn't sting.

I wish it was more exciting and maybe I can add a few tall tales but I won't since I like to leave the innocence there.

No comments:

Post a Comment